What is Upcycling?
Upcycling is when a material's second life is more valuable than its first life. Upcycling is, for example, turning the vinyl from billboards into colorful messenger bags, or turning discarded inner tubes into waterproof bike bags.
Why Upcycle and Recycle?
Upcycling or recycling materials keeps them out of the landfill, extending their life and reducing their environmental impact. It also reduces the need for virgin materials.
We upcycle and recycle the following list of materials:
- Vinyl banners
- Soft polyester flag or banners
- Bike inner tubes
- Nylon climbing ropes, nylon and poly cordage
- Neoprene wetsuits
- Burlap from coffee bean bags and potato sacks
- Decommissioned/take-back outdoor gear
Who Uses This Service
- Businesses that use, print, or distribute highway billboards, marketing banners, and convention/expo/festival signage
- Event venues such as convention centers, stadiums, concert halls, and museums
- Universities and community organizations
- Event production companies
- Marketing and PR agencies and departments
- Recycling and waste management providers
- Municipal sustainability programs
- Manufacturers and distribution partners within the industries represented by the material resources we process
- Organizations that generate the materials we upcycle: bike shops, climbing gyms, summer camps, recreational centers, outfitters, and guide providers
If you are interested in this service or have a question about your material, please contact us.